Are There Other Services Available?

Employment Services

If you are receiving CalWORKs, you may also qualify for the Greater Avenues to Independence (GAIN) program that is available to help recipients acquire the skills needed to obtain employment. With some exceptions, able-bodied adults who receive CalWORKs Temporary Assistance must participate in employment activities. Details are provided during the application process. To read about the GAIN Program, click here: (GAIN )

Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)

Provides cash aid to certain refugees who are not eligible for CalWORKs or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). For more information, click here (RCA web site)

Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP)

Provides regular and preventative medical doctor visits for members of a CalWORKs family under the age of 21. For more information, go to:

Other Services

There are other services available to families receiving CalWORKs who may be struggling with with drug or alcohol abuse, domestic violence, or mental health issues. Most of these services are available in the CalWORKs office as well as in clinics and outreach centers across the county.