New Provider Timesheet Training!
Beginning May 2013 your IHSS home care provider timesheet will look different. Time will now be recorded in hours and minutes. All timesheets will be processed by the State Timesheet Processing Facility in Chico, CA. Timesheets which are not properly completed will be returned to the provider.
The presentation will show you:
- how to record the hours you worked on the new timesheets
- common mistakes people make when completing their timesheets
- examples of right and wrong timesheets
- what to do if you move or change your phone number
- who to call if your paycheck is late
- how to sign up for direct deposit
- and much more
We also have a handout of Timesheet Do's and Don't in ENGLISH and SPANISH.
Please take a few minutes to view the timesheet presentations, which are available in English and Spanish.
View the new Provider Timesheet presentation in ENGLISH or SPANISH.
On-line Videos Now Available to IHSS Consumers!
Good news for IHSS Consumers!
A series of videos are now available for viewing on-line. These videos are designed to assist IHSS consumers with understanding and enhancing their experience with the In-Home Supportive Services program.
The following videos where designed to assist IHSS consumers with three basic areas:
- IHSS Services and Assessment: This video provides a summary of the IHSS program servics, as well as the assessment process.
- Introduction and Services: This video provides a summary of the IHSS program. It includes information on basic eligibility, home visits, and services available through IHSS.
- Hiring a Provider: This video provides information on how IHSS consumers hire a home care provider. It also includes tips on interviewing and selecting the right provider for you.
- Supervising Your Provider: This video provides information on how to supervise your home care provider. It includes suggestions on: how to communicate with a provider, how to maintain privacy and protect your personal information, and how to give direction to your home care provider.
To view the video of your choice, simply click on the title and you will directed to the video of your choice. (Revised 3/19/14)
IHSS Provider Training has been temporarily suspended. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back to this website in the Fall of 2013 for a new schedule of courses. Thank you!
The Public Authority offers trainings to ALL Riverside County IHSS Providers whether or not they are on the registry. These trainings are free of charge and are designed to help home care providers obtain the skills and knowledge they need to provide safe and confident home care. A certificate of completionis provided to everyone who successfully completes all core classes.
Some of the trainings offered include:
- CPR / First Aid
- An Inside Look at Hoarding
- Creating a Safe and Healthy Environment
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fall Prevention
- IHSS 101
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Working with People with Disabilities
- Job Readiness
- Transferring and Wheel Chair Safety
- Disaster Preparedness
- Creating a Healthy and Safe Environment
- Stress Management
- Grief and Loss
- Community Resources for Caregivers
- Topics in Gerontology
- Mental Illness
Trainings are held throughout the year and will take place in various parts of the county. If you are interested in attending, please call 1-888-470-4477.
If you would like to receive our quarterly training schedule by email, please send your request to: