Read about the Public Authority's accompishments for 2013! Just click on the link below!
The Time Sheet Service Center to Join the PA!
The Time Sheet Servicing Center (TSSC) is excited to be in our new home at the IHSS Public Authority. The TSSC offers a one-stop location to answer your time sheet and payment questions. Qualified IHSS providers can call the TSSC for information on the following subjects:
- Requesting replacement time sheets,
- Checking status on Timesheets and/or Payments,
- Requesting duplicate W-2 forms,
- Requesting W-4 forms,
- Requesting Change of Address forms,
- The correct way to fill out time sheets and make corrections on them
- Verifying available hours, and
- Requesting replacement checks when necessary.
TSSC staff is available to serve the providers of Riverside County Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Our contact number is (800) 575-2588. (Updated 10/29/14)
The Public Authority Introduces QUICK START!
The Public Authority (PA) serves as an enhancement to Riverside County In-Home Supportive Services by assisting frail older adults and people with disabilities to remain safely in their homes. Through the PA’s Registry service, quality care providers are interviewed, screened, and matched with IHSS consumers. The primary goal of PA Registry is to establish long-term, fruitful care-giving relationships, allowing our IHSS consumers to thrive in the comfort of their homes. As the IHSS caseload continues to grow, so does the need for new and innovative ways to deliver service to our customers.
QUICK START: On October 2013, PA launched a service delivery model geared at further reducing client risk factors through (1) immediate response; and (2) in-home care-giver matching. This service approach is unique in that both the Registry needs assessment and the provider payment processing are streamlined into one client home visit:
1) PA staff completes a client home visit within two (2) days upon receipt of the social worker’s referral.
2) During the home visit, PA staff also facilitates “job interviews” between the client and perspective providers.
3) The goals are to:
- achieve a provider match (job placement) by the end of the visit; and
- educate both parties on Rights and Responsibilities associated with the “client-employer” and “caregiver-employee” relationship.
4) All paperwork and payment processing are completed by PA staff, allowing the benefit of service to start as quickly as the next day, but no later than 5 days from the home visit/interview. More importantly, our initial stages of implementation indicate that that the Public Authority is a viable thread in the fabric of the DPSS safety net.
The IHSS Public Authority Announces -
Continuous Provider Recruitment!
In order to assure consumers are receiving expedited services, a current pool of available Home Care Providers who are available at a moment’s notice must be maintained by the IHSS PA Registry. To meet the high demand for immediate services, the In Home Supportive Services Public Authority (IHSS PA) Registry is now conducting continuous recruitments throughout Riverside County. If you, or someone you know, have the skills and experience required to work with older adults or people with disabilities, please contact the IHSS PA at (888) 470-4477 for information on how you can join the Registry and make a difference in someone’s life.
Health Care Reform Update:
Have you heard about the new Health Care Reform? As with any new program you will be hearing new
acronyms and names which may sound confusing. Over the next few weeks we will be publishing a few of these terms to help you get acquainted with Health Care Reform.
Affordable Care Act (ACA) –
The Affordable Care Act (also known as, Health Care Reform or HCR), signed into law on March 23, 2010, increases access to quality and affordable health care for all citizens.
Covered California –
California was the first state to enact the ACA by creating Covered California, also known as the Health Benefits Exchange. Covered California is California’s state-based competitive market place where individuals and small businesses have access to affordable health insurance.
Health Benefit Exchange (HBEx) –
The Health Benefits Exchange, also known as Covered California, is an independent public entity within state government created by State legislature to implement key elements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
No Wrong Door!
Applicants and existing customers will receive services regardless of how they seek assistance:
- In person at DPSS district offices.
- Through the mail to Covered California Customer Service or any DPSS district office.
- Online through Covered California or C4yourself.
- Through community based Certified Enrollment Counselors outside of DPSS
Services are coordinated between both Riverside County DPSS and Covered California, so customers do not need to repeat their information to multiple entities. Families seeking service from DPSS will also be assessed for other programs such as CalFresh and CalWORKs.
Certified Enrollment Counselors
Community organizations, outside of DPSS, trained by Covered California to help families and individuals in obtaining health care coverage.
Automatic Call Distribution System (ACD)
Telephone technology used by Covered California call centers to route incoming calls to the appropriate line or “queue” for prompt answering.
For more information regarding Health Care reform, please visit:
New Provider Timesheet Training!
Beginning May 2013 your IHSS home care provider timesheet will look different. Time will now be recorded in hours and minutes. All timesheets will be processed by the State Timesheet Processing Facility in Chico, CA. Timesheets which are not properly completed will be returned to the provider.
The presentation will show you:
- how to record the hours you worked on the new timesheets
- common mistakes people make when completing their timesheets
- examples of right and wrong timesheets
- what to do if you move or change your phone number
- who to call if your paycheck is late
- how to sign up for direct deposit
- and much more
We also have a handout of Timesheet Do's and Don't in ENGLISH and SPANISH.
Please take a few minutes to view the timesheet presentations, which are available in English and Spanish.
View the new Provider Timesheet presentation in ENGLISH or SPANISH.
Click on the link above to watch a short video which provides information for IHSS providers on how to properly complete Timesheets for processing in CMIPS II. The video instructs how to complete IHSS timesheets and how to avoid common timesheet mistakes which may delay payment. (Updated 3/28/13)
New Grant Provides Help for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities!
The Riverside County Office on Aging and the Aging & Disability Resource Connection of Riverside is offering grants to assist seniors and persons with disabilities to purchase qualifying services and supports. Examples of items which might be covered:
- Home Repair and Modification
- Adaptive Devices (ramps, grab bars, etc.)
- Food Assistance
- Utility Payment
- ….and more!
For more information please call the Office on Aging/ADRC for more information at:
1-800-510-2020 or 1-951-867-3800
On-line Videos Now Available to IHSS Consumers!
Good news for IHSS Consumers!
A series of videos are now available for viewing on-line. These videos are designed to assist IHSS consumers with understanding and enhancing their experience with the In-Home Supportive Services program.
The following videos where designed to assist IHSS consumers with three basic areas:
- Introduction and Services: This video provides a summary of the IHSS program. It includes information on basic eligibility, home visits, and services available through IHSS.
- Hiring a Provider: This video provides information on how IHSS consumers hire a home care provider. It also includes tips on interviewing and selecting the right provider for you.
- Supervising Your Provider: This video provides information on how to supervise your home care provider. It includes suggestions on: how to communicate with a provider, how to maintain privacy and protect your personal information, and how to give direction to your home care provider.
To view the video of your choice, simply click on the title and you will directed to the video of your choice. (Updated 3/18/13)
If you would like to receive news bulletins from the Public Authority, please send an email request to IHSSPublicAuthority@riversidedpss.org