Housing and Urban Development Continuum of Care Program (HUD)
Continuum of Care Housing Program
The Supportive housing program is a HUD grant program where DPSS HPU is the Lead Agency for the CoC. The programs provide outreach, transitional and permanent housing for homeless persons. DPSS/HPU coordinates the annual application to HUD for new and renewal funding. In addition DPSS/HPU processes and pays the claims from the project sponsors, provides technical assistance, monitors the recipients for program and fiscal compliance.
2016 HUD CoC Program Competition
2015 HUD CoC Program Local Request for Proposal (RFP) #DPARC-485
The Department of Public Social Services (DPSS), on behalf of the County of Riverside Continuum of Care, is seeking proposals from qualified parties to provide new programs under the 2015 U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Continuum of Care Homeless Assistance Program Consolidated Application for the County of Riverside.
Please refer to the following documents for information about submitting an application:
On September 18, 2015, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) issued a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Programs for 2015. Based on the NOFA, the County of Riverside Department of Public Social Services, on behalf of the County of Riverside Continuum of Care, seeks competitive proposals for new permanent housing projects for the following three (3) categories:
1. Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) projects that exclusively serve chronically homeless individuals, including unaccompanied youth, and families; and/or
2. Rapid Re-Housing Assistance that will serve individuals, families or unaccompanied youth who come directly from the streets, emergency shelters, or are fleeing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or other dangerous or life-threatening conditions that relate to violence against the individual or family member, including a child, that has either taken place within the individuals’s or family’s primary residence or has made the individual or family afraid to return to their primary nighttime residence; has no other residence; and lacks the resources or support networks to obtain other permanent housing.
3. Coordinated Entry System: The county also seeks competitive proposals for a new Supportive Services Only (SSO) project for a centralized or coordinated assessment system that will service the entire county.
A Non-Mandatory Technical Assistance workshop will be on: Tuesday, October 13, 10 a.m. to noon at DPSS Staff Development Building, Rm 115, 22690 Cactus Ave, Moreno Valley, CA 92553
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: On or before Tuesday, October 20, 2015 | Time: 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
2015 - CoC Program NOFA (released 9/18/2015)
FY15 HUD CoC Program Funding application materials and information
The County of Riverside Continuum of Care (CoC) announces that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development released the Notice of Funding Availability for the 2015 CoC Program Competition on September 18, 2015. The CoC program is designed to:
- -Promote a community-based solution to ending homelessness;
- -Provide funding to nonprofits, states, and local governments to prevent and quickly re-house individual and families experiencing homelessness;
- -Minimize the trauma and dislocation that individuals, families, and communities experience as a result of homelessness; and
- -Promote the effective utilization of mainstream resources.
The deadline for renewal applications to be completed in e-snaps is October 16, 2015.
2015 HUD CoC Program Consolidated Application
CoC Rating and Review Procedure
Independent Review Panel Meetings
10/29/2015 CoC Board of Governance Agenda with Voting Results | 10/29/2015 CoC Board of Governance Meeting Notice & Agenda | 10/1/2015 CoC Board of Governance Minutes
9/24/2015 Review Panel Documents – see below
9/24/2015 Review Panel Agenda | Major Changes in 2015 CoC NOFA | Monitoring Report - U.S. Vets: Veterans in Progress TH (2013) | Monitoring Report – U.S. Vets: Veterans in Progress TH (2014) | Budget Analysis for 2015 NOFA Review Panel | CoC Data Analysis – Gaps | Transitional Housing LOI & Budget Summary | Housing First Checklist | NOFA 2015: Transitional Housing Presentation for Review Panel
Transitional Housing Analysis & Reallocation Policies & Procedures | SNAPS Weekly Focus: What about Transitional Housing? | SNAPS Weekly Focus: Changing the Way We Do Business
6/18/2015 Review Panel Agenda | 6/25/2015 CoC Board of Governance Agenda | Budget Analysis for 2015 NOFA Review Panel
6/11/2015 Review Panel Summary
5/21/2015 Review Panel Summary | CoC Project Description | 2015 LOI Renewal Application – Transitional Housing | 2015 LOI Renewal Application – Permanent & Rapid Re-Housing | Provider Unspent Funds for LOI Review | Scorecard – Transitional Housing | Scorecard – Permanent Supportive Housing | Fiscal Information for Review Panel
4/29/2015 Review Panel Agenda | Analysis of Expenditures | FY15 CoC Program Registration Notice | System Performance Measures – Introductory Guide | System Performance Measures – In Context
2015 CoC Competition NOFA Resources
FY 2015 CoC Program Competition NOFA Broadcast
Renewal Project Application Detailed Instructions
Performance Measures - Project Application Instructional Guide
Budgets - Project Application Instructional Guide
Notice CPD-14-012: Prioritizing Persons Experiencing Chronic Homelessness in Permanent Supportive Housing and Recordkeeping Requirements for Documenting Chronic Homeless Status
Project Application Appeal Process Instructional Guide
HUD FY 2015 Continuum of Care Program Competition: Strategies for Success