Grievance Hearings

There are three types of Grievance Hearings held in Children's Services Division:

  1. Grievance Hearings for individual listed in the Child Abuse Central Index
  2. Criminal Exemption Denials
  3. Placement Grievances for foster parents, parents and non-related extended family members.

Click below for answers to commonly asked questions.

  • How do I resolve a grievance?
  • What is the complaint process? (English), (Spanish)
  • What is the grievance procedure for challenging reference to the Child Abuse Central Index?

For additional questions regarding the grievance process please contact the Grievance Unit at (951) 358-5650.