Foster Care Medi-Cal
Medi-Cal is California’s Medicaid health care program. This program pays for a variety of medical services for children in foster children and may also be available to relative caregivers of foster children. Medi-Cal benefits are provided as part of the Foster Care, Kin-GAP and AAP programs. For Information About What Medical Services Medi-Cal Covers:
- Call Your Provider (your doctor, dentist, clinic, hospital, etc.)
- For Questions about Dental Services or Medi-Cal Dental Programs: 1 (800) 322-6384.
The Medi-Cal Dental Program, also known as Denti-Cal, covers a variety of services such as:
- Diagnostic and preventive dental hygiene, such as: examinations, x-rays, and teeth cleanings
- Emergency services for pain control
- Tooth extractions
- Root canal treatments
- Prosthetic appliances
- Orthodontics for children who qualify
Your child’s dentist can advise you on your best course of treatment, and the specific conditions under which these services are covered. During your first appointment, please present your child’s Medi-Cal Beneficiary Identification Card (BIC) to the dentist so eligibility can be determined.
Denti-Cal Beneficiary Toll Free Telephone Services:
To contact the Denti-Cal Program, please call the Beneficiary Toll-free Telephone Services at (800) 322-6384 or visit the website by clicking here. Denti-Cal representatives are available 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday to assist you. When you connect with the Medi-Cal Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) you may select from the following menu options:
- Help in locating a Medi-Cal dental provider in your area.
- Inquiries concerning or needing assistance with your regional screening appointment.
- Questions regarding your Treatment Authorization Request (TAR).
- General program questions.
- How to file a grievance/complaint.
You may call anytime to obtain general information which includes information on covered benefits, how to file a Fair Hearing, requesting copies of your dental records, and reporting suspected Medi-Cal Fraud.
You may also find dentists in the state of California who accept Denti-Cal by clicking here.
Child Health and Disability Prevention Program
The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program is a health promotion and prevention program serving California’s infants, children, and teens. The CHDP Program provides periodic preventive health assessments to:
- children under age 21 with Medi-Cal /li>
- non-Medi-Cal eligible children from birth to age 19 whose families meet income guidelines For more information about obtaining services, or for help with getting an appointment and transportation, call the main CHDP office at (951) 358-5401.