What Happens If I Disagree with the Outcome of my Application? 

Once you have received your notice of action and you do not agree with the outcome of your application, the following options are available to you:

  1. Call your Social Worker to discuss their assessment of your needs. . . .
  2. If further resolution is needed speak to your Social Worker’s Supervisor. . . .
  3. If you are unable to come to agreement with your Social Worker or their Supervisor, you may engage in a more formal, administrative process. . . .
  4. You may request formal hearing by completing the form on the back of your Notice of Action.  Once the form is complete please mail your request to:

The Office of Chief Referee

Department of Social Services
744 P Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Other Resources