Am I A Mandated Reporter?
Mandated Reporters are by law any person who has assumed full or intermittent responsibility for care or custody of an elder or dependent adult, whether or not that person receives compensation, including administrators, supervisors, and any licensed staff of a public or private facility that provides care or services for elder or dependent adults, or any elder or dependent adult care custodian, health practitioner, clergy member, or employee of a county adult protective services agency or a local law enforcement agency.
Examples of who must report:
- Care Custodians
- Health Practitioners
- County Welfare Departments
- Employees of Financial Institutions
- Employees of Fire Departments
- Employees of Law Enforcement Agencies
- Employees of Humane Societies and Animal Control agencies
- Employees of Environmental Health and Building Code Enforcement
- Clergy Members
- Any other protective, public, sectarian, mental health, private assistance, or advocacy agency, or person providing health services or social services to elders or dependent adults
- Any person who has assumed full or intermittent responsibility for care or custody of an elder or dependent adult.
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Provider